– The text suggests that one way to determine if an email or ad agency/team is guessing is by asking them if they can explain why someone made a purchase using data.
– Another way to assess their effectiveness is by asking how they would personalize the first email they send.
– The text also mentions that it may be too late to change strategies for Black Friday and the upcoming holidays, but improving strategy should be a priority for the following year.Ensure that your email or ad agency/team can provide data-driven insights on customer purchases and have a strategy for personalizing initial emails.The easiest way to tell if your email or ad agency/team is guessing is to:
1. Ask them if they can explain why someone made a purchase using data.
2. Ask them how they would personalize the first email they send.
It may be too late to alter your strategy for Black Friday and the rest of the holidays, but it is definitely something that should be at the top of your list for next year.
I have a feeling that the hype will diminish in favor of a better strategy starting in Q1.
#marketing #ecommerce #datahttps://www.linkedin.com/in/jivanco