The following document outlines a comprehensive list of questions that touch upon all the parts of the customer journey that you can control as a store owner or brand.
The following are checklists for the touchpoints of the digital journey.
Landing Page Checklist
Product Page Checklist
Organic Channels Checklist
Available Products Checklist
Your click through rate is lower than expected. Please check that you are targeting the right audience.
- The audience must be known
- The reason for targeting the audience must be clear
- The audience must be backed by data
- The audience is relevant to where they are located
- The audience might be one of many
- The audience might be affected by seasonality
- The audience will care about only certain aspects of the products
- The audience is part of a broader lifestyle trend
- The audience may already own products like yours
- The audience interest can change with life events
What audience are we targeting?
- Is the audience small enough to be clearly identified?
- Are there traits among the audience that would allow it to be expanded?
- Is the audience aware of our product?
- Does the audience currently have a similar product?
- Is the audience looking to switch from their current product?
Why are we targeting this audience?
- What about this audience makes it a good fit?
- What about other audiences makes them not a good fit?
Do we have the data to support targeting this audience?
- Is there concrete knowledge we have that this audience is a good one?
- Is there a higher correlation between this audience and growth?
Do we ask questions to reinforce our audience beliefs?
- Do we connect this audience to the appropriate landing pages etc.?
- Are we collecting data from sign ups and surveys that confirms our audience?
Where does our audience live?
- Is our audience regional or national?
- Does our audience live in cities, suburbs, or rural areas?
Is our audience affected by seasonal changes?
- Does the weather affect sales of our products?
- Does location in combination with weather affect sales of our products?
Why do our products matter to our audience?
- Is our product a need, want, or a desire?
- Is there something that would cause the product to change importance?
What are the broader lifestyle trends across our audience?
- Does our audience subscribe to a broader lifestyle of activities?
- Can we expand or focus our audience targeting based on these lifestyle trends?
Does our audience already own products like ours?
- Is our audience aware of our product or products like it?
- Do we use terminology that is something they would recognize?
- Is there education needed for those that don’t own a product like ours?
How do life events affect this audience?
- Is our product dependent on life events?
- Can a life event change our audience?
Your click through rate is lower than expected. Please check that your creative is eye-catching and has a clear goal.
- The creative must stand out in the feed
- The creative must connect with an audience
- The copy must be relevant to the audience
- The creative must focus on one key benefit
- The creative should relate to one activity
- The creative should use images instead of words when possible or in combination
- The creative should have a clear incentive/CTA
Does my creative stand out in the feed?
- Is the background bright and colorful?
- Is the still image compelling enough for someone to stop?
- Is the product moving to attract the eye?
Does the creative show the product from the start?
- Is there a lag time before you see a product?
- Is the product clearly identifiable in the thumbnail?
Does the creative connect with an audience?
- Is the visual used compelling to the audience?
- Is the visual clear yet enticing and demands more attention?
Is the copy related to the audience?
- Is the copy related to the audience that calls out a specific subset of that audience?
- Is the copy humorous to relate to the audience?
Does the creative focus on one key benefit?
- Is there a strong text overlay that connects with the audience?
- Does the text make someone think differently about an existing behavior?
Does the creative relate to one activity?
- Is there a strong but narrow focus on one key activity the product is perfect for?
- Is this activity clear to the target audience?
Does the creative use images to represent words?
- Are the images/icons universally recognizable?
- Is there only one image/icon shown at a time?
Does the creative have a clear incentive/CTA?
- Is there an enhanced offer that provides a reason to click through?
- Is the CTA an invitation to take the next step?
Does the creative speak to the main buyer personas?
- Is there messaging for people that haven’t purchased a similar product?
- Is there messaging for people that currently own a similar product?
- Is there messaging for people that are currently looking for a similar product?
Like what you’re reading?
You’ve made it just 20% of the way through this checklist.